I want to take a moment to thank you for your continuous support to H.A.N.A. of Florida. Starting Monday, November 16 to Thursday, November 19, 2020 until 11:59 PM, HANA will have the opportunity to participate in the philanthropic giving event call “Give Miami Day” coordinated by The Miami Foundation. This wonderful event allows the community to make a tax-deductible monetary donation from $25 to $10,000. Last year HANA was fortunate to participate but fall short of our target goal of $10,000. We are reaching out to you because we need your help in reaching our goal this year.
HANA takes pride in the work that we do. The monetary donations will allow us the opportunity to continue to serve our brothers and sisters in need. We know many people are going through very difficult times because of the COVID-19 global pandemic; which leaves many in need of even the minimal essentials. Recently, thanks to the generosity of exceptional supporters like you, who know and understand the mission and vision of HANA, we were able to donate personal protective equipment (PPEs) which included over 2000 face masks, gloves, face shields, disposable gowns, and hand sanitizers to nurses and nursing students in Haiti.
HANA continue to work in educating our community and keeping our members engaged even through the pandemic of COVID-19 using virtual applications such as ZOOM, WebEx, social media, and revamping our infamous “Koze Santé With HANA” TV and radio show. It is our desire to continue serving the community.
HANA continues to be at the forefront of providing a variety of services to the community, locally, nationally, and aboard such as:
- Teaching and educating the community on precautions to prevent the transmission of Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Chronic diseases prevention and maintenance including cancer awareness.
- Humanitarian relief missions to Haiti and locally for the migrant farmeworkers in the Immokalee area.
- Providing annual scholarship to deserving nursing students here in Florida and Haiti. Even with the pandemic, HANA awarded $10,000 in scholarship to nursing students in credited school.
- Mentoring of student nurses from Florida and Haiti.
- Empowering Florida nurses and promote the creation of new HANA chapters throughout the United States. Currently, there are 11 chapters of HANA serving their respective communities.
- Conducting mental health symposiums, webinar conferences, and leadership conventions to education our nurses and other allied healthcare professionals.
As we are approaching the end of this year, the opportunity for HANA to participate in such event is a great honor. Please help us continue to serve by kindly clicking on the link below and to make a donation of $50 or more if possible. Encourage friends, family, and colleagues to also done
WE ARE HANA
Pauline Louis-Magiste, MSNEd, APN, RN
President of HANA of Florida (2019-2021)