Article 1 – Purpose & Function
Section 1. – Title
The name shall be HAITIAN AMERICAN NURSES ASSOCIATION, INC.
Amended to change association name to: “The name shall be the HAITIAN AMERICAN NURSES ASSOCIATION OF FLORIDA, INC.”
Section 2. – Purpose
The purpose of this Corporation is to provide nurses the opportunity to unite as a group, to share and promote ideas and interest to the group and to become effectively involved with the issues and services relevant to the health and welfare of the community.
Section 3. – Functions
- Encourage continued education.
- Sponsor education projects and conference relevant to the health problem in the community.
- Actively participate in decisions affecting the health care of impoverished people.
- To assist the nurses in maintaining their standards and effectiveness through group activities.
Amended to add:
- To assist foreign trained nurses to obtain licensure in the State of Florida.