Administrative Assistant of Operations Job Description
The Part-time Administrative Assistant of Operations of the Haitian American Nurses Association (HANA) of Florida, Inc. is responsible for the daily operation of the office and is responsible for providing high-level support and operations to the Board of Directors and the association. This role requires strong analytical, technology, communication, and organizational skills. The position requires problem solving skills, basic project management and excellent ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the office.
- Provides high level support on special projects as identified by the Board of Directors of the association, including special projects related to the association governance initiatives and committees.
- Maintain the association’s contracts in a centralized location.
- Assist with searching grants to sustain the work of the organization.
- Assist with developing project, workflow, and schedules.
- Directly reports to the President of HANA of Florida.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The Administrative Assistant of Operations of HANA of FL, Inc. must be able to:
- Use electronic devices for extended periods
- Sit or stand for extended periods
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Part time, 20 hours/week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10AM to 5PM
- The 20 hours may include evening and weekend hours that may be necessary to complete the job duties.
Requirements and Qualifications
Required Education and Experience
The part-time Administrative Assistant of Operations of HANA of Florida, Inc. must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- Requires at least three years of related work experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Must possess a minimum Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration or Health related field.
- Must Possess a current healthcare provider basic life support (BLS).
- Must possess knowledge of diversity and inclusion issues, health disparities, and higher education.
- Must have strong program leadership skills, proposal/grant writing experience.
- Must have a track record of engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders and be committed to working collaboratively with the Board of Directors.
The part-time Administrative Assistant of Operations of HANA of FL, Inc must:
- Demonstrate ability to achieve goals, work well in a team, and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong problem-solving and self-starter skills, time management and attention to detail, customer service orientation, and ability to be trusted with confidential information.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, and collaborative, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and specialized software programs as necessary.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Visa sponsorship not supported for this position.
- Proficient in English, Creole, and Spanish.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties may be assigned.