Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida Inc.
Guidelines on How to Start a HANA Chapter
Dear Prospective Chapter Creator:
Thank you for your interest in requesting information on “How to Start a Chapter” with the Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida, Inc. (HANA). Below you will find some basic tips and chapter application kit, which includes the following:
- HANA’s Profile
- Bylaws of HANA
- Chapter Membership Application
- Website Information (hanaofflorida.org)
- Information on the upcoming HANA 3rd Annual Leadership and Empowerment Convention
How to start a chapter in your area
- You must have 5-7 paid members to serve as Executive Board Members, and 8 or more regular members.
- An official letter must be sent to the President of HANA of FL regarding the intent to become a chapter.
- Submit the names, credentials, and a professional head shot picture of each Board Member.
- Incorporate the official name of your chapter and apply for 501(c) 3 status in your respective state.
- Membership dues for each member shall be of 100.00 for LPN/LVN, RN ARNP, CRNA, and CNS). Membership due for nursing student member is complimentary (subject to change), and $50.00 for retired nurses. Dues may be amended
- Chapter Dues for Liability & Insurance will be addressed once the chapter has been chartered.
- Chapter website/membership form will be submitted once the chapter has been incorporated. This information will also be posted on the website once the chapter has been charted and assigned its official Chapter name. Chapter membership benefits will be discussed or addressed one the chapter has been incorporated.
- Once the Chapter has been incorporated, the Chapter President must certify by signing the application to ensure that it is accurate and complete, and membership list of dues that have been collected in the future. Upon receipt of all required information, the Chapter application will be referred to the Bylaws Committee for review and approval, and then forwarded to HANA of Florida Board of Directors for final approval. The Chapter President will be notified with any recommendations or if additional information is required.
- Chapter (s) will be chartered annually at HANA of Florida Annual Convention and/or the Gala. All completed documents for the prospective chapter should be received by the end of February of that year.
If you have further questions, please contact the HANA office by mail, telephone 305-609-7498; or e-mail Dr. Marie Etienne, HANA Chapters Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you into one of the most respected organizations in the World.
Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida, Inc.