The Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida, Inc. (HANA) is pleased to announce its 36th Annual Scholarship Fundraising and Awards Gala on April 25, 2020.
HANA’s Education Committee is currently accepting applications from students for the 2020 Nursing Scholarship Awards. Eligible students will receive a one-time scholarship, which will be awarded during the Fundraising gala.
Criteria for applicants are as follows:
- The student must be of Haitian descent.
- The student must be already enrolled in a Nursing program.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. An official transcript must be submitted with the scholarship application.
- The student must submit a written essay of at least one page, describing the reasons why he or she has selected Nursing as a profession. The essay must be received no later than March 16th, 2020 via e-mail email@example.com and mail official transcript to HANA’s P.O. Box 695069, Miami, Florida33269.
- The student must commit to volunteer in at least 20 hours of HANA organized activities within 3 months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The student must be interviewed by HANA’s Education Committee to determine eligibility. Interviews will be held on Saturday, March 21st, 2020 at 3:00 PM at MDC North Campus 11380 NW 27th Ave. Miami, FL 33167-3495, Building 4, Cafeteria.
Awards will be presented at HANA’s 36th Annual Scholarship Fundraising and Awards Gala, which will be held on Saturday, April 25th, 2020 at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, 1633 N Bayshore Drive, Miami, Florida 33132 at 7:00 p.m.