Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida Inc.
Call for Abstracts
The Convention Steering Planning Committee invites you to submit an abstract for oral presentation or poster presentation and/or attend the Haitian American Nurses Association 3rd Annual Convention, with the theme: HANA: Celebrating 30 Years of Service, Leadership and Excellence postmarked by February 28, 2014. The goal of the 3rd Annual convention is mobilize Haitians nurses, Haitian American Nurses and other nurses as Change Agents to analyze and integrate the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report on the Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.
Authors will be notified upon review from the Convention Steering Planning Committee. Selected posters will be displayed during the exhibit session and presenters will be eligible for a discounted registration to the Convention, April 10-11, 2014 in Miami, Florida. For more information, questions/concerns, please contact Mrs. Guerna Blot, MSN, ARNP-FNP-BC, MBA/HCM, OCN, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (305) 332-1042 or (305) 609-7498.
- Abstracts must be typed in Times New Roman, single spaced in font size 12 not to exceed 400 words.
- Abstract should include the author’s name credentials, mailing address, work phone, and e-mail address or any other contact information.
- One copy of the abstract should be submitted via email using word documents as an attachment to Guernab@aol.com. Guerna will send a return email to acknowledge receipt.
- We are looking for innovative projects; therefore, abstracts should include the following headings: title, background, purpose/aim, methodology, evaluation/outcomes, results and implications for nursing practice.
- Affordable Care Act
- Cultural Diversity
- Leadership Institute
- Leadership& Empowerment
- Nursing Education and Health Care in Haiti
- Technology (Social media, face book, Twitter, Simulation, iPods, E-MAR, Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Chapters Needs Assessment
- Horizontal Violence/Mental Health Issues