Register Today: https://hanaofi.wildapricot.org/event-4675643
Esteemed School of Nursing,
The Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida, Inc. (HANA) is pleased to announce its 38th Annual Scholarship Fundraising and Awards Gala on April 23rd, 2022.
HANA’s Education Committee is currently accepting applications from students for the 2022 Nursing Scholarship Awards. Eligible students will receive a onetime
scholarship, which will be awarded during the Fundraising gala.
Criteria for applicants are as follows:
- The student must be of Haitian descent.
- The student must be already enrolled in an accredited Nursing program.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. An official transcript must be submitted with the scholarship application.
- The student must submit a written essay of at least one page, describing the reasons why he or she has selected Nursing as a profession. The essay must be received no later than March 6, 2022, by 8:00 pm (EST) via e-mail email@example.com and mail official transcript to HANA’s P.O. Box 695069, Miami, Florida 33269.
- The student must commit to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours of HANA organized activities within 3 months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The student will be interviewed by HANA’s Education Committee to determine eligibility. Interviews will be held on Saturday, March 12th, 2022, via zoom.
- A letter of recommendation from a nursing faculty member.
Please share this information with the Nursing faculty to encourage qualify students to apply. Thank you for your assistance, and please feel free to contact HANA at (305) 609-7498.
Rose Valcin, MSN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
President of HANA of Florida, Inc. 2021-2023
Pauline Louis-Magiste, MSN-Ed, RN
Chair of Education Committee for
H.A.N.A of Florida, Inc.
Awards will be presented at HANA’s 38th Annual Scholarship Fundraising and Awards Gala, which will be held on Saturday, April 23rd, 2022, location TBA
Download, fill out and return a completed document by mail or email/PDF attachment: